Saturday, July 19, 2008

Horizon Christian Fellowship & Pastor Bob's Sermons!

Horizon North County GraphicI received an email from one of my billiards buddies asking me for my personal thoughts on family life. I was quite surprised with the subject heading of his letter – I want a better marriage! I surmised that my pool player friend is having troubles at home again. :(

Not knowing what to do, I decided to browse the Internet computer network to find a church in Rancho Sante Fe, where my pal currently lives. One particular site that stood out from the rest of the sites returned by my tools was that of www.horizon.org.

A quick browse of www.horizon.org, which also has a page on the Emergent church movement, reveals a lot about the site’s owner – Pastor Bob. Pastor Bob has served in the ministry of Young Life and Youth Development Inc. In addition to his ministry position at Horizon North County and his position as CEO of Horizon Prep and Preschool, Pastor Bob currently serves on the Advisory Board for the Billy Graham School of Evangelism. He is also the host/teacher on a daily radio program that is broadcast in Southern California. Pastor Bob and his wife, Bonnie, live in San Diego county with their three children, i.e., Mitchell, Annie, and Matthew.

Horizon North County started at the Del Mar Hilton in 1993 with a weekly attendance of 75 people. Since then, the church moved to its current campus in Rancho Santa Fe and ministers to over 3000 people weekly through weekly services, youth programs, Bible Studies, and family ministries! Wow! Those are pretty impressive numbers! And I kid you not!

I have decided to email my buddy about Horizon North County’s website. Amidst his personal troubles and all, my buddy may just find the peace he is looking for with the help of Pastor Bob.


0 comments:

It's always a runout at The Runout TV!