Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The AnitoKid Learns from Carl Ocab, The KidBlogger!

I first got to know the KidBlogger, my kababayan over at Make Money Online with a 13-Year-Old, when he voted for my site in Digital Filipino's Top 10 Emerging Influential Blog Award for 2007. Except for the stories I've heard about him, i.e., that he is a kababayan and that HE IS very good in what he does (making money online), I didn't know anything about Carl Ocab. I got the chance to personally thank him for the vote at the Top 10 awarding ceremony held at Max's, Makati City. We posed for some pics and had a brief talk about blogs and blogging. And I guess that's how the friendship started.

The KidBlogger and I had an online chat last night. It wasn't scheduled. Well, none of our online chats are. I was reading my email and all when my kababayan popped a Gmail chat window. We exchanged thoughts on various developments in the blogosphere, with emphasis on the blah blah blahs in the local scene. It was about 20 minutes later that I contemplated on asking the KidBlogger about his ideas on making money, specifically Google AdSense. Somehow, I felt that AdSense didn't jive well with my site. The AdSense rules and all are simple enough to understand, but somehow I feel that I've failed to fully connect with Google's ad scheme. You see, I have these analytics tools showing me the number of readers and visitors that I have. And oh! They're decent numbers, dear friends! :) However, I honestly felt that the AdSense promise did not materialize for my site. :(

I was initially hesitant to ask the KidBlogger about it. Why? Well, the premise was, "Who would want to share their secrets on making money online?! Yeah, right." You see, every time I ask people about it, they'll go nuts on the color combinations of the ads, the number of ads in a site, and the other what-have-yous. Yes, they are important and all, but somehow such didn't answer my questions at all. It just added up to the confusion! After taking a deep breath, I asked Carl about it. To my surprise, I found his answers to my questions (and there were a lot of 'em) clear and direct to the point. He patiently highlighted the important points to remember when doing AdSense. He then asked, "Is it alright if I browse your main page?" Now, that is one polite kid! After about a minute, Carl remarked, "Hey! Where are the ads?". He then remained silent. Now, this made me think - is the KidBlogger trying to tell me something here? After 2-3 exchanges, I finally knew what was wrong. What I have failed to account in my efforts to monetize my blog through AdSense was the location of the said ads. Tsk.

"Eh sino nga namang loko-loko ang magbabayad sa akin para sa ads na di naman makita?! Nakatago lahat! Nandun lahat sa baba!" :)

I profusely thanked Carl for his help and apologized for being such a bloke with the AdSense thing. He wouldn't have none of it! The KidBlogger even tried to downplay what he did for me - his suggestions, tips, and all!
Well...
  • "Carl, sometimes common sense is not so common. And there are times that everyone needs a second opinion on something. A different perspective. A different take. And I kid you not when I say that it helps a lot when we have someone like you teach us the rudiments; an expert who understands what needs to be done and how to go about it; a kababayan who has an "all out" attitude to helping a fellow Filipino. My friend, much thanks for taking time out to help me. Much thanks for your patience. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and wisdom."

Maraming, maraming, maraming, maraming salamat!


"Lucky AnitoKid."

*Did you enjoy the post? Did you find it interesting?
You know what to do :)




17 comments:

Ang Lolo Niyo said...

Talaga nga namang marami tayong pwedeng matutunan mula sa mga kabataan. Lalo na itong si Carl, isang tunay na kahanga-hangang bata.

Novice Blogger said...

aba! i'm learning from this post as well. thanks for sharing, anitokid and kidblogger.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Right you are, Lolo! I was so surprised with Carl's patience with me. And I learned a lot from him that night, sa totoo lang. That kid will go far...and I kid you not!
.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Novice Blogger: You're welcome, bro! Ikaw pa! :)
.

Barrett Laurie said...

Great post! We saw little to NO results from Google Adsense and we are looking at other programs! It was just not what we wanted, we wanted more control over content! So has your Adsense improved since you changed your placement around? Take care AnitoKid!

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Hi Barrett! After just one day of heeding the KidBlogger's advise, my average for one day equaled that of my 7-day average! And I kid you not!
.

tutubi said...

placement of the ads but not irritating to the eyes

also depends on your visitors' profiles

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Much thanks kabayan! The KidBlogger highlighted a number of points to consider when placing adds. Will definitely rearrange the site this coming weekend. And I kid you not! I hope! :)

Allen said...

Wow great job! Ad position is really important in earning in adsense. I'm glad to know he has helped you. ^_^

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Yes, Allen! The KidBlogger really took time out for me. And I kid you not when i say that he didn't stop until I got his point/s. :)
.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Yes, Allen! The KidBlogger really took time out for me. And I kid you not when i say that he didn't stop until I got his point/s. :)
.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Yes, Allen! The KidBlogger really took time out for me. And I kid you not when i say that he didn't stop until I got his point/s. :)
.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Yes, Allen! The KidBlogger really took time out for me. And I kid you not when i say that he didn't stop until I got his point/s. :)
.

PinoyDeal said...

im a big fan of the kidblogger. hope i can attain what he is earning thru online stuff.

i like your site. care for a link exchange?
http://pinoydeal11.blogspot.com

THE ANiTOKiD said...

No problemo! Just say when!

And I kid you not!

:)

Googlecash said...

Hi, I was not in a good financial position back in 2004, Then I found Google adsense, Its the best program to earn money online, I started slow, I was making $20 a day in my first year, but I worked really hard and Making money online is not easy, You have to put in lots of efforts every day, I did, But now my life has changed completely, I make over $3000 a month, This gives me lots of freedom, I have made many friends online and I did learn lot from them, I wish best of luck to any one who is starting up.

Liza form Google cash

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Google Cash:

Good for you! Here's looking forward to making more money and all!

:)

It's always a runout at The Runout TV!